Suite 5, 1-5 Manning Street, Tuncurry
(02) 6519 4933

Our Services

Residential Conveyancing is the legal process of purchasing or selling a house. Conveyancing is the process of transferring ownership of property from one person or entity to another and needs to be undertaken whenever someone buys or sells their home or investment property. Smart Coast Conveyancing makes this process simple and affordable from start to finish.

Commercial Conveyancing is different from residential property conveyancing. Commercial Conveyancing involves the sale or purchase of all commercial premises including offices, shops, industrial properties & shopping centres.

Strata Property Conveyancing involves issues specific to buying or selling an apartment or unit, such as strata levies, owners corporations and by-laws. We can arrange strata inspections for your to make the process as simple as you need.

You may be selling a private house and moving into a retirement village or just needing assistance with a Long-term lease or licence. This usually involves you paying an ingoing contribution and in return, receive a lease or license to live in a particular retirement village unit for a period ranging from 49 to 199 years. You will also have to pay a recurrent maintenance charge, usually on a monthly or quarterly basis. Smart Coast Conveyancing can help get you settled quickly during this transition period of your life. Take the stress out of process and let us walk you through the process.

Vacant Land In NSW, conveyancers must be licensed with NSW Fair Trading. Most conveyancers hold an unrestricted licence to do the full scope of conveyancing work for residential, commercial and rural property which can all be vacant land. Conveyancers are licensed to do legal work such as preparing documents, giving legal advice on contracts and explaining the implications. The process of conveyancing is the same if it is vacant land or if there is a house built on that land. Smart Coast Conveyancing can offer advice in relation to buying a block of land and any restrictions on building on that land that might impact your decision.

Rural Land Conveyancing means land that it is used or apparently intended to be used for gain or profit from grazing of livestock, dairying, poultry farming, viticulture, orcharding, beekeeping, horticulture, the growing of crops of any kind and vegetable growing.

Leasing A commercial lease is a contract between a landlord and a business for the rental of property. Most businesses will choose to rent property instead of buying it because it requires less capital. Smart Coast Conveyancing can assist both landlords and tenants by assisting them with their lease. Most people are under the common misconception that you need a solicitor to do this for you. A conveyancer is highly competent and capable of assisting you and you will usually find their time is much more accessible and their pricing is half that of a solicitor.

Transfers If you wish to transfer an interest or share in your land to another person, including a member of your family or a friend, you must lodge a Transfer. There are a number of reasons you might want to do this which can include marriage, divorce, death or financial circumstance change. Your conveyancer can assist in this process and also explain any stamp duty implications that may arise. Smart Coast Conveyancing offers an affordable and fast service in both transferring title and tenancy.

A justice of the peace (JP) is a judicial officer, elected or appointed by means of a commission (letters patent) to keep the peace. The role of the Justice of the Peace (JP) is to act as an independent and objective witness to documents people use for official or legal purposes. Jessica Gray and Kellie Cary of Smart Coast Conveyancing are sworn JP’s and can perform the following roles:

  • Witness Oaths or Affidavits

  • Take Statutory Declarations and Affirmations

  • Witness Signatures

  • Attest the Execution of a Document

  • Certify a True Copy of an Original Document